This statement sets out this site’s policies relating to the privacy and security of your personal information and security of your other information. This privacy and security statement applies only to historycouncilsa.org.au
This site collects and uses the following information from users:
- The user's IP address, the date and time of the visit to the site, the pages accessed and documents downloaded, the previous website visited and the type of browser used. No attempt will be made to identify users or their browsing activities, except in the unlikely event of an investigation where a law enforcement agency may exercise a warrant to inspect our service provider's logs. This information is analysed to determine the site's usage statistics.
- The site retains the email address of people who use the 'Contact us' or 'Membership' forms so that we can send a response. They are stored in a secure area and will not be used for any other purposes, nor disclosed without your consent.
- The site uses secure communication protocols (HTTPS) provided through third party platform Paperform to collect online membership application information. Online payments and financial transactions are submitted directly through the History Council of South Australia's secure Stripe payment gateway.
- Your personal information will only be used for the primary purpose given and will not be disclosed to a third party without your permission.
- Site administrators strive to protect and handle your personal information in accordance with the Government of South Australia's information privacy principles (IPPs).
- You should note that there are inherent risks associated with transmission of information by the internet. You should make your own assessment of the potential risks to the security of your information when making a decision as to whether or not you should use this site.
- This site contains links to a number of other websites that are included on the basis of containing content relevant to History Council members. When a user clicks on a link to another website, they leave this site and this privacy and security statement no longer applies.
- The content of this privacy and security statement may be updated from time to time, so we suggest that if you return to this site on a regular basis you carefully read the information provided.
- We use Google Analytics to monitor traffic and user behaviour on this website. Personal information is not recorded as part of this process.